Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Riomaggiore and Manarola

30th April

Headed back to Riomaggiore this morning to have a proper look around. These villages are so pretty - it's really nice just to wander a bit, have a coffee, and wander a bit more!




Photo: Riomaggiore

We walked from Riomaggiore to Manarola - stopping to look back at Riomaggiore frequently.



We arrived at Manarola and Mum was keen to have some stuffed anchovies like she had tried once before. We found the same restaurant and decided to share the anchovies (although I was willing to try them I was a bit hesitant as I can't stand the jar version (in oil) - smellllly! Also ordered trofie pasta (like short, twisty spaghetti!), with pesto sauce (shared this too). Both absolutely delicious!

Wandered around Manarola for a while then walked along part of way to Cornelia.




Photo: Manarola

Then caught train back to Levanto and had packet soup for tea out in the courtyard of hotel (nice!!). Sat outside until about 10pm and chatted - then retired to our rooms!!!

Ciao for now!!

xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment